Campaign Interns – Gail Young for NC
Status: Unpaid, Part-time
Location: Concord, NC
Start Date: Rolling
Gail Young is a Democratic Candidate for North Carolina House District 83, covering half of Cabarrus County and southern Rowan. Gail Young for North Carolina is run by a small, motivated, and well-organized team, backed by volunteers and supporters across the region. We're searching for hard-working and kind people to join us. Gail is committed to radical transparency, accountability, and honesty. Her team is steadfast in our work to share Gail’s vision for a better North Carolina.
Gail is not your traditional politician, and we are a non-traditional kind of team. Our goals need collaboration and cooperation across all areas of the campaign. We’re looking for team-oriented strategists and doers. No job is too little or too big,
You might be a good fit if you:
· Eat ambiguity for breakfast and get stuff done.
· Like juggling an astonishing amount of things at the same time.
· Feel a sense of joy after you’ve created a well-organized spreadsheet.
What you can expect from us:
· A professional and respectful campaign environment.
· Relationship building.
· The opportunity to learn political skills and how campaigns operate;
o Research and Data Management;
o Communications Writing;
o Voter Contact Strategy; and more
Core work could include, but not limited to:
· Researching possible donors and their backgrounds;
· Researching the opponent’s voting record, public statements, financial disclosures;
· Writing copy for Press Releases, Emails to Supporters, Social Media Posts;
· Organizing and Managing Events;
· Recruiting and Scheduling Volunteers
TO APPLY: Send a letter of interest, explaining why you want to work on a political campaign and what you hope to take away from the experience. Doshia James, Campaign Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.